Buckwheat and Salmon Salad August 24 2019
- 1 cup Buckwheat grain
- 3 cups Water
- Pour the water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Rinse the buckwheat grain in a strainer 3-4 times.
- Once the water reaches a boil, take off the heat and carefully pour in the rinsed buckwheat grains.
- Bring back to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer and leave to simmer for 15 minutes
- Take off the heat and rinse under cold water through a strainer until the grains are cool to the touch and place in a separate bowl.
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of baby rocket
- 2 salmon portions with the skin off
- 4 Tbs of Olive Oil
- 1/2 lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lightly fry the salmon in a frying pan to personal preference, ensuring that it is cooked before setting aside to cool
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and place in a large mixing bowl
- Wash the rocket and add to the tomatoes
- shred the salmon apart into much smaller pieces before adding it to the salad.
- Use a grater and grate the zest off of the lime and add it to the salad.
- Pour in the cooked buckwheat and add the olive oil
- Squeeze the lime over the salad before mixing them together
- Add salt and pepper to taste before mixing evenly once more