Potato Fritters Method of preparation
- Combine thin slices of potatoes, eggplant, onions, pieces of dried fish within a bowl.
- Add brown rice flour, buckwheat flour or a mixture of black-eyed bean flour with rice flour, slowly until mixture comes together.
- Add salt and pepper, or cayenne pepper to taste.
- Cover one or more baking trays with oiled baking paper.
- Add spoons full of mixture into baking paper and flatten.
- Cook at 180 degrees centigrade for 20 minutes on one side, turn and cook until golden on both sides.
- Store frozen and reheat in a frying pan or oven and consume one or two pieces for breakfast.
Fried mushroom and potatoes
- Preboil about a dozen potatoes and store refrigerated
- Fry some onion slices and diced mushrooms until well cooked.
- Add Moringa leaves, basil, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper to taste
- Peel and cut one to two of the preboiled potatoes into medium cuts and add to the mushroom.
- Cut one or two limes with skin and add to the pot.
- Stir and cook until the potatoes have absorbed most of the moisture.
- Serve and eat for breakfast or dinner.
Potato savoury pancake
- Cut in half 2 to 3 preboiled potatoes or raw potatoes and microwave until soft.
- Rub some rice bran oil on both surfaces of a sandwich press and place the microwaved potatoes unto the oiled surface, add salt and pepper and press until the potatoes are flat and crispy.
- Serve with tomato slices or steamed broccoli for breakfast.
Potato Chips or baked potatoes, steamed broccoli and grilled fish
Eggplant and tomatoes served with potatoes
- 6 Small, Firm Eggplants (About 4-5 Inches In Length)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil.
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced.
- 1 1/2 Cups Ripe Cherry Or Grape tomatoes cut In Half.
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped, Fresh Herb Of Choice (I used Basil and Mint In The Photo)
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- Slice the eggplants into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Heat up the grill and brush it lightly with a little of the olive oil.
- Lay the eggplant rounds on the grill and brush the tops lightly with olive oil.
- Grill about 4 minutes on each side, or until they are soft and golden brown.
- Remove the cooked eggplant to a serving platter and continue cooking until they are all completely cooked.
- Chop the eggplant into 2-inch pieces.
- Spread over the eggplants, the cherry tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
- Mix the remaining oil with the balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle over the dish.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mix the mixture lightly, being careful not to break up the eggplant.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Potato and kangaroo lasagne
- Fry 2 heads of diced garlic and 1 head of onion in some rice bran oil.
- Add 500g of diced mushroom and stir until cooked
- Add 500g of Kangaroo mince and mix through into a uniform mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash 2 to 3 boiled or preboiled potatoes and mix into the mushroom and kangaroo mix.
- Cut 4 large boiled or preboiled potatoes into thin slices.
- Place a thin layer of the potato slices into a pre oiled baking dish and add the cooked kangaroo and mushroom mixture to the dish.
- Place another thin layer of sliced cooked potatoes over the content of the dish above.
- Brush the potato layer with a thin layer of beaten egg.
- Bake at 220 degrees centigrade for 45 minutes.
Potato, eggplant and mushroom lasagne
Cook as above but instead of kangaroo mince add 500g of diced grilled eggplant. Cook at 220 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes